Rawrrzone Spotlight - Velma Santiago - Spiritual Biz
For those that do not know, can you tell us about yourself? My name is Velma Santiago although I prefer to be called Vee. I'm thirty-nine years old. I am originally from Puerto Rico and was brought to the United States as a young child. I'm part of the LGBTQ community and i currently work in the warehouse industry. I been in the warehouse industry for about a decade and a half. I love to ride atvs jet skis and be in nature in my spare time.
What is your favorite thing about owning a small business? My favorite part about this is being able to tell a story though my creations. I love to be able to put things out to the world that reflect my spiritual awakening, and how my life has transcribed over the years. Being able to relate to the people who have experienced as much pain as I have is my goal.
How did you get involved with working with spirituality and making products related to spirituality? I got involved with spirituality simply because I had an awakening. And by an awakening I mean spirit showed me a vision through my pineal gland that would change the trajectory of my life. That awakening shook me to the core of my being and my entire life changed as I knew it. So, I embarked on a journey to make products for individuals that have been through an awakening like I have.
What is your goal for your business? The goal for my business is to reach as many people as possible through the vision that's in my mind. I would like to also collaborate with other like-minded individuals to create a bigger market for individuals like me.
Your products represent making a sanctuary for an individual, how important is it to make your own space to protect your peace? It is very important to be able to protect your peace, because if you do not you end up depleted and with an empty cup. Something I know all too well. Protecting yourself is key to being able to grow in your journey and feel whole and safe as we all should, not depleted and worn out.
6. How do you manage time for self care while living a normal life and running a business? I really don't have much of a self-care routine. I'm busy working full time while trying to manage my vision and create things with my heart chakra. One day soon I will incorporate a routine for myself after my business is well thought out and fully functional.
7. What are one of your favorite products from your collection?
My favorite one so far is my generational chains hoodie. It is a design of an angel on his knees with chains all around his body and he is blindfolded, an actual representation of the pain you go through breaking the generational chains in your family. Your spiritually and at times even literally on your knees with physical pain and emotional pain trying to find your way out the darkness.
8. What is your favorite aspect of spirituality?
My favorite aspect is the physical growth that my life has had in the past year and a half. I've been able to leave a lot of negative things behind that were affecting my daily life. I have been able to break out of cycles of negativity and pain just by growing spiritually. Being able to align my chakras and alter my subconscious mind to be able to de program the deep-rooted old belief systems that are not aligning with my purpose and become the best version of myself.
9. What has been your biggest difficulty as a small business owner?
My biggest difficulty is advertising my business. Finding the right audience for my products. trying to make sure the right people see my products.
10. Where do you see your business in 5 years , 10 years?
I see my business flourishing and becoming a voice for the spiritual people who have yet to develop their throat chakra. I'm here to encourage and lend a hand to those without a voice.
11. Any advice you would give someone trying to start their own small business? My advice to someone who is just starting never give up! I have torn down my store over five times and started all over again. Because of things not working. Just never lose faith in your vision. Check out her products here